Geology at Montco
Here at Montco we offer several courses in the geosciences which
emphasize a variety of areas and which satisfy a variety of student
objectives. Click below for more information regarding each course:
For further general information contact
Rob Kuhlman via email
For syllabus/readings/field trips/scheduling/etc. information
our summer course offerings -- regarding
a specific geology course, go to Rob Kuhlman's
When you're done browsing our geosience course offerings, be sure
to check out the following sites for really good information and
- The U.S. Geological Survey
(USGS) for lots of current and archival
information and images regarding the whole spectrum of topics in the world
- The Pennsylvania District
of the Water Resources Division of the USGS for current and
historical streamflow information for a whole network of Pennsylvania's
streams and rivers.
- The Pennsylvania Geological Survey.
- For absolutely amazing radar images,taken from the Shuttles, of
fault zones, volcanoes, river valleys, glaciers, etc., try the
Jet Propulsion Labs (JPL)
- Don't miss the images of oceanic biological productivity taken for
(Coastal Zone Color Scanner) project.
- For local meteorological information, contact the Philadelphia office of the National
- For multi-spectral imagery depicting the national meteorological
picture, check out Purdue's WXP
- And finally, you've got to see the Hubble Space Telescope imagery.