- Show up for class.
- Have your work done on time.
- Set up a daily schedule and stick to it.
- Assess and improve your study habits.
- Study with a group.
- Choose instructors who actively involve you in learning.
- See your instructors outside class.
- Improve your critical thinking skills.
- Know how to find and work with information on your campus.
- Be the best writer you can be.
- Find a great academic advisor or counselor to whom you can-and will-turn for guidance and support.
- Visit your career center.
- Learn what helping resources your campus offers and where they are.
- Learn from criticism.
- Understand why you are in college.
- Get to know at least one person on campus who cares about your survival.
- If you're a full-time student, try not to work more than 20 hours a week.
- If it's difficult for you to stand up for yourself, take assertiveness training.
- Get involved in campus activities.
- Take your health seriously.
- Try to have realistic expectations.